• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Sunday, November 30, 2025
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
mynewssourceonline
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
mynewssourceonline
No Result
View All Result
Home World

Yemen’s Houthi rebels signal that they’ve stopped attacks on Israel and Red sea shipping

Houthi leadership announces a halt to strikes on Israel and Red Sea vessels amid shifting regional dynamics

by admin
November 12, 2025
in World
0
Houthi Red Sea
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Yemen’s Houthi rebels are signaling they’ve stopped their attacks against Israel and shipping in the Red Sea as a shaky ceasefire holds in the Gaza Strip.

In an undated letter to Hamas’s Qassam Brigades published online by the group, the Houthis offered their clearest signal that their attacks have halted.

“We are closely monitoring developments and declare that if the enemy resumes its aggression against Gaza, we will return to our military operations deep inside the Zionist entity, and we will reinstate the ban on Israeli navigation in the Red and Arabian Seas,” the letter from Maj. Gen. Yusuf Hassan al-Madani, the Houthis’s military chief of staff, reads.

The Houthis have not offered any formal acknowledgment that their campaign in the region has halted.

Israel’s military, which has launched attacks killing senior Houthi leaders, declined to comment Tuesday when reached by The Associated Press. Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz threatened in September to hit the Houthis “sevenfold” for attacks targeting Israel following a drone attack on Eilat that wounded 22 people.

The Houthis gained international prominence during the Israel-Hamas war with their attacks on shipping and Israel, which they said were aimed at forcing Israel to stop fighting. Since the ceasefire began on Oct. 10, no attacks have been claimed by the rebel group.

While the Houthis insisted their campaign targeted Israel-affiliated vessels, the ships attacked have had limited — if any — relationship to the Israel-Hamas war.

The campaign has killed at least nine mariners and seen four ships sunk. It upended shipping in the Red Sea, through which about $1 trillion of goods passed each year before the war. The rebels’ most recent attack hit the Dutch-flagged cargo ship Minervagracht on Sept. 29, killing one crew member on board and wounding another.

The attacks significantly disrupted transits through Egypt’s Suez Canal, which links the Red Sea to the Mediterranean. The canal remains one of the top providers of hard currency for Egypt, providing it $10 billion in 2023 as its wider economy struggles.

The International Monetary Fund in July said the Houthis attacks “reduced foreign exchange inflows from the Suez Canal by $6 billion in 2024.”

While traffic has inched up recently following the lull in attacks, many shippers continue to circumnavigate Africa via the Cape of Good Hope to avoid the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden.

The U.S. launched an intense bombing campaign targeting the rebels earlier this year that President Donald Trump halted just before his trip to the Mideast. The Biden administration also conducted strikes against the Houthis, including using America’s B-2 bombers to target what it described as underground bunkers used by the Houthis.

Meanwhile, the Houthis have increasingly threatened Saudi Arabia and taken dozens of workers at U.N. agencies and other aid groups as prisoners, alleging without evidence that they were spies — something fiercely denied by the U.N. and others.

 

admin

admin

Next Post
Trump Court Carroll

Trump asks Supreme Court to overturn verdict that he sexually abused and defamed E. Jean Carroll

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Nestle new CEO

Nestle to axe 16,000 jobs as new boss pushes to cut costs

1 month ago
Dr. Dadzie mental health

Wholesome Mind Summit: Dr. Dadzie calls for mental health in disaster plans

2 months ago

Popular News

  • WAEC WASSCE results

    WAEC releases 2025 WASSCE results; cancels, withholds thousands over exam infractions

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • GPL: Poor results force Hearts to ditch Accra sports stadium for Legon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Cobolli wins epic tie-break send Italy into final

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Is ‘Immense’ Arsenal the most formidable team in Europe?

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Moravian stars light up Germany’s christmas season

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Call us: +233208991455

© 2025 Mynewssourceonline - All rights reserved

Powered by
...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None
Powered by
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Banking
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion

© 2025 Mynewssourceonline - All rights reserved