• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Sunday, November 30, 2025
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
mynewssourceonline
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
mynewssourceonline
No Result
View All Result
Home Mains

Ofankor assault victim: “He beat me because I refused sex,” says woman in viral video

Estranged husband brutally attacks wife after she rejects his sexual demands at Ofankor

by admin
November 20, 2025
in Mains, News
0
Ofankor assault sex
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

John Odartey Lamptey, the man seen in a viral video assaulting his wife, at Ofankor in Greater Accra, is an estranged husband, but he demanded to have sex with his 32-year-old wife. When she refused because their marriage was on the rocks and she had already packed out of the matrimonial home, he decided to assault her by smearing pepper in her private parts and forcibly having sex with her.

The victim, narrating the reasons behind the assault seen in the video, said that it was not the first time she had been abused and assaulted and that she had previously filed complaints at the Tesano and Ofankor Police stations.

However, nothing was done about it, despite her complaint being supported by evidence.

They have two children, five and a two-year-old.

John Odartey Lamptey, arrested by the police last Monday [November 17, 2025], at the family residence at Ofankor, together with two of his siblings, Grace Kushie Lamptey and Louis Odartey Lamptey, has since been remanded in police custody.

His accomplices were arrested because they attempted to attack a female tenant they suspected of recording and circulating the video. They have also been remanded in police custody.

They are to reappear in court – the Magistrate Court at the Domestic Violence and Victims Support Unit (DOVVSU) on December 3, 2025.

What happened?

Explaining, the victim said before the incident captured on video, she had packed out of the matrimonial home and gone to her village.

But on Saturday [Nov 15], while at a funeral in the village, she received a telephone call from him [Odartey Lamptey] informing her that their youngest child was sick.

So she immediately left the village around 3 pm and got to the Ofankor barrier around 9 pm.

When she got to the house, the children were all together playing, and so she questioned why he had informed her that the youngest child was sick.

That was when, according to her, Odartey Lamptey confessed that he deliberately lured her to come back to Ofankor.

In the night, he demanded to have sex with her, and she refused with the explanation that they had been separated for the past five months.

According to the victim, she told him that she was going back to the village in the morning, if sex was why he lured her to come back to Ofankor.

In the morning, she claimed that when she went near the children, he prevented her from doing so, and threatened to kill her, and also repeated that he had deliberately lured her to come back to Ofankor.

He called another child, Daniel, to take the children out of the room, and then he locked the door after they had left.

That was when, according to her, her estranged husband started the assault, stripping her naked, including removing her underwear and waist beads, claiming he bought all of them.

He then went for a stick and started beating her with it, and also stepped on her. At some point, she alleges he went for a knife and threatened to cut off her hand. Fortunately, someone called Oketeku came around and pleaded with him to unlock the door, and when he did, Oketeku snatched the knife from him. But Odartey Lamptey sacked Oketeku from the room and continued the assault, including smearing pepper in between her thighs and private parts, she said.

Tags: DOVVSUGreater AccraJohn Odartey LampteyMagistrate CourtOfankorOketeku
admin

admin

Next Post
2026 budget CPS

2026 budget could trigger interest rate pressures - CPS

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Kulendi removal RTI

Kulendi removal: Lawyer demands update from presidency based on RTI Act

2 months ago
meta’s smart glasses

Seeing through the reality of meta’s smart glasses

2 weeks ago

Popular News

  • WAEC WASSCE results

    WAEC releases 2025 WASSCE results; cancels, withholds thousands over exam infractions

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • GPL: Poor results force Hearts to ditch Accra sports stadium for Legon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Cobolli wins epic tie-break send Italy into final

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Is ‘Immense’ Arsenal the most formidable team in Europe?

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Moravian stars light up Germany’s christmas season

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Call us: +233208991455

© 2025 Mynewssourceonline - All rights reserved

Powered by
...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None
Powered by
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Banking
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion

© 2025 Mynewssourceonline - All rights reserved