The Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, has slated Sunday, November 30, and Monday, December 1, 2025, for what is anticipated to be the final phase of his mediation in the long-standing Bawku chieftaincy conflict.
A statement from the Manhyia Palace on Monday, November 10, described the upcoming two-day meeting as a decisive moment in the Asantehene’s ongoing efforts to secure lasting peace between the Kusasi and Mamprusi factions. His Majesty commended both groups for their cooperation throughout previous discussions and encouraged all parties to maintain calm as the dialogue approaches its concluding stage.
“His Majesty praises both sides for their positive approach to the mediation so far and appeals to all concerned to avoid any actions likely to affect the progress towards a lasting solution to the Bawku conflict,” the statement said.
The Asantehene began his involvement in the peace process in April this year, holding initial meetings with representatives of both factions from April 28 to April 30. Although the talks were briefly paused, they resumed on May 13, during which the Asantehene observed that the dialogue had contributed to a period of relative calm in the area.
In recent months, the Bawku municipality has faced renewed violence and rising tension, with sporadic attacks resulting in casualties and prompting authorities to enforce curfews to contain the unrest. The instability has disrupted daily life, strained communal relations, and deepened national concerns about the need for a sustainable peace resolution.
By fixing final mediation dates, the Asantehene demonstrates a renewed commitment to guiding both sides toward consensus and restoring stability to the conflict-affected region. His leadership has earned widespread recognition from traditional leaders, government officials, and peace advocates, who view his role as a symbol of unity and wisdom in resolving one of Ghana’s most persistent disputes.
The Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, has slated Sunday, November 30, and Monday, December 1, 2025, for what is anticipated to be the final phase of his mediation in the long-standing Bawku chieftaincy conflict.
A statement from the Manhyia Palace on Monday, November 10, described the upcoming two-day meeting as a decisive moment in the Asantehene’s ongoing efforts to secure lasting peace between the Kusasi and Mamprusi factions. His Majesty commended both groups for their cooperation throughout previous discussions and encouraged all parties to maintain calm as the dialogue approaches its concluding stage.
“His Majesty praises both sides for their positive approach to the mediation so far and appeals to all concerned to avoid any actions likely to affect the progress towards a lasting solution to the Bawku conflict,” the statement said.
The Asantehene began his involvement in the peace process in April this year, holding initial meetings with representatives of both factions from April 28 to April 30. Although the talks were briefly paused, they resumed on May 13, during which the Asantehene observed that the dialogue had contributed to a period of relative calm in the area.
In recent months, the Bawku municipality has faced renewed violence and rising tension, with sporadic attacks resulting in casualties and prompting authorities to enforce curfews to contain the unrest. The instability has disrupted daily life, strained communal relations, and deepened national concerns about the need for a sustainable peace resolution.
By fixing final mediation dates, the Asantehene demonstrates a renewed commitment to guiding both sides toward consensus and restoring stability to the conflict-affected region. His leadership has earned widespread recognition from traditional leaders, government officials, and peace advocates, who view his role as a symbol of unity and wisdom in resolving one of Ghana’s most persistent disputes.




