• About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Sunday, November 30, 2025
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
mynewssourceonline
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
mynewssourceonline
No Result
View All Result
Home World

China backs off chip export ban that could have shut down global auto plants

Move averts a potential crisis for auto makers dependent on Chinese-made chips

by admin
November 6, 2025
in World
0
China auto chip
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

China has agreed to allow the export of chips critical to auto production, averting widespread shutdowns that the industry had predicted.

Nexperia, a Dutch-owned chipmaker with a Chinese majority stake, provides the chips.

It’s a critical supplier to the global auto industry, accounting for 40% of automotive chips in the market segment, including transistors and diodes, according to research firm Tech Insights.

After the Dutch government took control of Nexperia several weeks ago and removed its Chinese CEO, citing national security concerns, Beijing suspended shipments from China.

Auto industry trade groups in the United States and Europe both feared the trade dispute would lead them to run out of the chips they needed. That could drive up car prices, as happened in the years following the pandemic.

After US President Donald Trump and Chinese leader Xi Jinping met last week, Beijing announced that it would allow customers to apply for exemptions from a recently imposed export control and obtain the necessary chips.

“As a responsible major country, China fully considers the security and stability of domestic and international supply chains,” according to a statement on Saturday from China’s Ministry of Commerce.

“We will comprehensively consider the actual situation of the companies and grant exemptions to eligible exports.”

The statement also said that “the Dutch government’s inappropriate interference in the company’s internal affairs had led to the current chaos in the global supply chain.”

In a separate statement on Tuesday, the ministry claimed “the Dutch side continues to act unilaterally”. It warned that this would “inevitably deepen the adverse effects on the global semiconductor supply chain.”

It stated that China was acting responsibly by announcing the exemption of qualified exports and urged Dutch authorities to “act from the perspective of maintaining the overall stability and security” of trade relations between China and the Netherlands, as well as between China and Europe.

In response, a spokesperson for the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs told CNN: “We remain in contact with the Chinese authorities and our international partners to work toward a constructive solution that is good for Nexperia and our economies.”

The Dutch government took control of Nexperia last month under pressure from the US government, which had placed its Chinese parent company, Wingtech, on a blacklist of companies deemed to pose a national security threat.

In response to the Dutch action, the Chinese government imposed export controls that halted shipments of Nexperia chips for weeks.

‘Questions remain’

A US-based auto industry trade group hailed the Saturday announcement from Beijing and thanked Trump for the agreement with China that it said had averted the crisis. It called the deal “obviously, a positive resolution to a potentially disruptive situation that should keep US and global automaking on track.”

“Credit to President Trump and his team for insisting Nexperia was on the agenda during talks this week with China and for treating the global semiconductor supply chain as the economic and national security issue it so clearly is,” said John Bozzella, CEO of the Alliance for Automotive Innovation, the trade group representing most automakers operating in North America.

But a European trade group said that while China’s announcement over the weekend is good news for the industry, there are still concerns that the crisis has not entirely passed.

“Several practical questions remain as to how the exemption for export controls will be granted,” said a statement from the European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association. “Until the secure flow of goods begins again, the situation will remain critical.”

Tags: BeijingCNNDutchXi Jinping
admin

admin

Next Post
climbers Nepal avalanche

Seven climbers dead after Nepal avalanche

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Akufo-Addo water

Akufo-Addo warns water scarcity poses threat to Africa’s peace and security

1 month ago
President Bawumia Abrokyire

Elect me President, I’ll bring ‘Abrokyire’ to Ghana – Bawumia

2 weeks ago

Popular News

  • WAEC WASSCE results

    WAEC releases 2025 WASSCE results; cancels, withholds thousands over exam infractions

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • GPL: Poor results force Hearts to ditch Accra sports stadium for Legon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Cobolli wins epic tie-break send Italy into final

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Is ‘Immense’ Arsenal the most formidable team in Europe?

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Moravian stars light up Germany’s christmas season

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • Contact
Call us: +233208991455

© 2025 Mynewssourceonline - All rights reserved

Powered by
...
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None
Powered by
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Banking
  • Legal
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Opinion

© 2025 Mynewssourceonline - All rights reserved